I receive the following work sheet from Rick Huntsman, and thought it was excellent.
1. What is the evidence for and against this idea?
3. Are your interpretations of the situation too far removed from reality to be accurate?
4. Are you thinking in all-or-non terms?
5. Are you using words or phrases that are extreme or exaggerated (i.e., always, forever, never, need, should, must, can’t , and every time)?
6. Are you taking the situation out of contest and only focusing on one aspect of the event?
7. Is the source of information reliable?
8. Are you confusing a low probability with a hiugh probability?
9. Are your judgments based on feelings rather than facts?
10. Are you focused on irrelevant factors?